The FIRST Team specializes in the outreach efforts of the RoboJackets as well as the participation as mentors in the FIRST Robotics Competition. The group runs training workshops in the fall called Technology Enrichment Sessions to provide technical training and assistance to the growing FIRST team population in Georgia.
FIRST is a international high school competition which features a game that changes every year and robots that are around 120lbs. In 2006 the game involved manipulating balls and 2007 the team had to manipulate inner tubes. Each year teams are given six weeks to design and build a robot that must compete both autonomously and with remote control on a three versus three set-up. In the past we have mentored Roswell High School “Chimera” (Team No. 832), Wheeler High School “The CircuitRunners” (Team No. 1002), Georgia Robotics Alliance “SOUP” (Team No. 1848), Tech High School (2420), and REBOOT (4080).
- Varies by current events and projects. Fall Semester (tentative): Sundays 6:00-8:00PM, Tuesdays 4:30-6:00PM. Meetings will be confirmed by email.
- Add to Google
- Ben Nuttle – Project manager
- Alex Eng – Software lead
- Casey O’Connor – Mechanical lead
- Sue Pedapudi – Public relations
- Jevawn Roberts (Alumni Adviser)